Header PictureThis is Shirley's photograph of a flock of beautiful Ibises on the lake in back of our house.
Search Web Site
- 36 Amazing Things
- Believer’s Justification
- Difficult Verses
- Eternal Life For You
- Guest Rules – Disclaimer
- Share Your Faith
- Statement of Faith
- Stemming Fruit Inspection
- What Is Bible Hope?
- What is Grace?
- ♦ About Us
- ♦ Dr. Cucuzza’s Stack
- ♦ Lordship “salvation” Defined
- ♦ Prayer Requests
- Please Email Us Dear Friends: The e-mail at ExPreacherMan is generally for off-topic comments. Please note that the current administrators of this website are unpaid, unaffiliated laypeople. We have no background in the pastorate, in ministerial counseling, etc. Anyone is free to disagree with the positions of this ministry. However, our e-mail is not a forum for debate or discussion. We do not go to others’ websites to contradict nor debate them and we respectfully ask that you afford us the same courtesy. We reserve the right to accept or reject any email. Please read our "Goals" in the Header above
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
EXCELLENT NEW BOOK !!
We recommend this excellent new book, Secure Forever! God’s Promise or Our Perseverance?, by Dr. Tom Cucuzza, one of my former Assistant Pastors. Available on Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com. Click the book for a link to Amazon.com.
NEW E-BOOK - Links:
- Lordship Salvation: Pink Makes God See Red
- The Gospel According to Internet Comments
- Lordship Salvation: The Baptist Faith and Message is an Affront to the Gospel
- 3 Reasons Why the Gospel of Grace is the True Gospel
- Lordship Salvation: Southern Baptist Conventional Wisdom
- The Truth LIES Somewhere in Between
- ♦ Lordship "salvation" Defined
- ♦ Prayer Requests
- Free Grace Theology and “Easy Believism”: Free Grace Does Not Equal Easy Believism
- What are The Motives Behind Lordship "Salvation" and Other False Teachings?
- 1,221,793 views
Pep Rallies For Jesus??
I agree with this very timely note from a very dear friend, Max Taylor who, 40+ years ago, worked faithfully in our church here in South Florida. Max, now living in Spring, Texas, can be reached at his business, building water gardens! http://www.magnoliaponds.com
I think one of the biggest problems in our churches today (I mean TRUE Bible churches) is they are falling into the trap of being PEP RALLIES FOR JESUS instead of teaching God’s word in a systematic fashion. They claim trying to be ‘relevant’ in our modern world, but all it has done is make folk dependent on emotional activity instead of the Lord and His wonderful provision. Emotion is not all bad, God gave it to us. But emotion in the Christian life is only sometimes a result, it should NEVER be the method. And it is not a result in all cases. And it should NEVER be the goal. The Apostle Paul said, “…teach things which beome sound doctrine.” Titus 2:1 He did not say ‘get everyone excited with up-beat songs’. Emotion is appreciation of something and the true emotion that makes a difference in the Christian is the emotion from the appreciation of Bible truth, discovering something new about the greatness of God… the unsearchable riches of Christ. Or the joy of someone coming to Christ or a believer expanding their faith and trust in the Lord’s provision.
We don’t need ‘Praise Teams’ to lead us to praise God. Believers need doctrine, truth… so through the better understanding of who Our Lord is, we praise Him because of His majesty, because of His greatness, His justice, mercy, immutability, veracity… not because of the emotional high we get. I have seen the same emotional response in football huddles, activist meetings on college campuses, and political rallies.
Please let our churches not substitute emotion for the reality of Jesus Christ.
Well said, Max, I agree — Jack