Curtis & Leroy saw an ad in the Starkville Daily in Starkville , MS. and bought a mule for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.
The next morning the farmer drove up and said,”Sorry, fellows, I have some bad news, the mule died last night.” Curtis &Leroy replied,“Well, then just give us our money back.”
The farmer said,”Can’t do that. I went and spent it already.” They said, “OK then, just bring us the dead mule.”
The farmer asked, “What in the world ya’ll gonna do with a dead mule?” Curtis said, “We gonna raffle him off.”
The farmer said, “You can’t raffle off a dead mule!”
Leroy said, “We shore can! We don’t hafta tell nobody he’s dead!”
A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis & Leroy at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store and asked. “What’d you fellers ever do with that dead mule?”
They said,”We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do..” Leroy said,”Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars a piece and made a profit of $898.”
The farmer said,”My my, didn’t anyone complain?”
Curtis said, “Well, the feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two dollars back.”
Curtis and Leroy now work for the government. They’re overseeing the Bailout Program.
Header PictureThis is Shirley's photograph of a flock of beautiful Ibises on the lake in back of our house.
Search Web Site
- Please Email Us Dear Friends: The e-mail at ExPreacherMan is generally for off-topic comments. Please note that the current administrators of this website are unpaid, unaffiliated laypeople. We have no background in the pastorate, in ministerial counseling, etc. Anyone is free to disagree with the positions of this ministry. However, our e-mail is not a forum for debate or discussion. We do not go to others’ websites to contradict nor debate them and we respectfully ask that you afford us the same courtesy. We reserve the right to accept or reject any email. Please read our "Goals" in the Header above
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
EXCELLENT NEW BOOK !!
We recommend this excellent new book, Secure Forever! God’s Promise or Our Perseverance?, by Dr. Tom Cucuzza, one of my former Assistant Pastors. Available on Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com. Click the book for a link to Amazon.com.
NEW E-BOOK - Links:
Join 999 other subscribers
Holly Garcia Held on ♦ Prayer Requests johninnc on ♦ Prayer Requests Holly Garcia Held on ♦ Prayer Requests johninnc on ♦ Prayer Requests Holly Garcia Held on ♦ Prayer Requests Holly Garcia Held on ♦ Prayer Requests johninnc on ♦ Prayer Requests Holly Garcia Held on ♦ Prayer Requests johninnc on ♦ Prayer Requests William on ♦ Prayer Requests
- Lordship Salvation: Partaking in Greg Laurie's Evil Deeds (Part 2)
- Lordship Salvation: Greg Laurie’s Bitter Harvest
- Dr. J. Vernon McGee on Calvinism, Dr. J. Vernon McGee Denounces Calvinism!
- Lordship "Salvation" Icon Kirk Cameron, Promotes Calvin's Geneva Bible and Teams Up With Liberty University.
- Kyle Idleman, Lordship "Salvationist" Exposed - Review by Jim F.
- John MacArthur Speaks on Predestination: A Rebuttal
- ♦ Prayer Requests
- Sorry, Lordship Salvationists And Charles Ryrie, The Terms of Eternal Life Are Neither Debatable Nor Negotiable
- The Gospel Explained
- ♦ Dr. Cucuzza's Stack
- 1,536,912 views