We are thankful for our dear friends, Shirley and “Spell” Spellerberg from whom we have “borrowed” some of the list below, simply because the sentiment could not be better. We have added a few important thoughts.
As we approach Thanksgiving, we are especially thankful for the following (incomplete list of) blessings:
- Our God who provided eternal life to anyone who puts their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior.
- God’s infallible Word, the Holy Bible.
- Bible Believing ministers and missionaries who are faithful to the Word of God in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Our Country, Family and Friends.
- Our Divinely-inspired U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- Our God-given right to Life, Liberty, and Property, plus the Right to Keep and Bear Arms to protect all three.
- Being born in America, the land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.
- Loving parents who taught right principles and morality.
- Men and women who work to keep America moving.
- Military men and women who are willing to fight and, if necessary, die to keep our America free.
- Fire, Police, and Emergency workers who protect and serve.
- Freedom of association and travel.
- Freedom of dissent.
- Freedom to vote our conscience.
- Good health, and when we don’t have that, good doctors, good nurses and good medical care.
- Home, rest and food to eat.
- Blessings of sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell and others too numerous to list.
Count your blessings on Thanksgiving and every day. Thanksgiving is more than just good eats, good football and fun get-togethers with family and friends. While enjoying the season, remember that “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.“ James 1:17
Remember, there are many, in and out of our government, in and out our country who are doing their best to remove these freedoms from us — by force if necessary. Be vigilant and pray for America and her leadership.
We welcome your comments on your blessings.
From us to you and yours, we are thankful for you on Thanksgiving and every day!