I propose a few questions based on observations and comments on some of our more popular recent posts. Shall we discuss Questions and Similarities Regarding Dominionism, Calvinism, Replacement “theology,” and Lordship “salvation” (LS)?
1) Can we blame any or all of these four errors on a lack of clear Dispensational teaching of God’s Word?
2) Aren’t Old Testament verses taken out of context, in many cases, to justify virtually every one of these four philosophies?
Example for Dominionism: “He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.” Psalm 72:8
Many use this and other verses to justify a Dominionist “theology” — but due to a lack of dispensational teaching and understanding — they wrongly assume that verse and many more apply to today. One can see how they take verses about God’s earthly Dominion in the future and misplace them into today. This teaching also seems to be similar to certain versions of “Kingdom Now” teaching.
3) Or, are these teachings deliberately pushed to glorify a selfish teacher or church rather that God’s Salvation by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ alone?
4) Could we say that Calvinist/Reformed “theology” is the teaching which holds the greatest responsibility for Replacement “theology“?
5) Aren’t all Lordship “salvationists” — Calvinists? Are there any exceptions? Is it not true that LS, Dominionism and Calvinism use the Calvinist catchword “Sovereignty” to justify their theory of God’s Sovereign Dominion today and likewise the Replacement “theology” of today?
I have posed these as questions, as I believe most are true. We will be interested in your respectful comments. Thanks
Eternal Life — No Cost to You! << Click